The State Level Advisory Committee for Students and Youth Welfare, Assam (SLAC) was constituted in the year 1994 vide Govt. Notification No. SYW.10/94/3 dated 1st February 1994. The 1st Member Secretary of State Level Advisory Committee was Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma.
The SLAC functions under the chairmanship of Hon’ble Chief Minister, Assam. The Member-Secretary of State Level Advisory Committee (SLAC) is appointed by the Govt. and others Members are nominated by the Govt.
Activities for the year 2017-2018:
- Free Training/Coaching for All India Civil Service Examination, i.e. APSC (Assam Public Service Commission) in 10 location in Assam i.e. Kamrup (M) (four centre), Diphu, Jorhat, Dibrugarh, North Lakhimpur, Kokrajhar and Cachar ,UPSC (Union Public Service Commission)in four location of Assam i.e. Kamrup (Metro), Diphu, Dibrugarh and Cachar and CEE (Engineering) 9 location with 11 Centre in Assam i.e. Majuli, Bongaigaon, Nagaon, Diphu, Jorhat (two centre), Dibrugarh (two Centre) Cachar (Silchar) Dhemaji and Dudhnoi.
- Financial Assistance Rs. 50,000.00 (Olympic Recognize Games) to 21 Nos. International Sports participants and Financial Assistance to 09 Nos. Medal Winners @ Rs. 3.00 lakh, Rs. 2.00 lakh and 1.00 lakh in International level Sports Events respectively.
- Organize Self Defense Programme for Girls in 10 location of Assam.
- North East Students meet at New Delhi.
- Summer Cultural training Camp in the 10 location of Assam.
- Toll Free Career Counseling Help Line (Call Centre) etc.